Information contained in this article is for network admins only.
In this article:
All you need is a supported browser to access Tute.
Either Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or the newest Microsoft Edge works great.
Internet Explorer is no longer supported.
Android tablets: Android 8.0 and above using Chrome
Apple iPad: iOS 12.2 or above using Safari
Please ensure the Date, Time, and Time-zone are accurate on the student devices for the timetable to function correctly.
- Desktop or laptop PC is best due to screen size and keyboard and mouse.
- Tablets may be used in the absence of a Desktop or Laptop computer, although some features may be cumbersome without keyboard and mouse.
- Wired ethernet connection where possible.
- Headset with microphone for communication. Headphones or earphones if only listening.
Below is a list of all ports that need unrestricted access for outbound requests to our lesson server.
Our privately owned IP ranges are also listed, you can map the outbound requests to these if you don't want to open them to all traffic. Each individual Tute lesson will utilise a random IP address allocated from any one of the IP ranges listed below.
- Range: 16384 - 32767
Our IP ranges (Either open the above ports to all outbound requests or set the rule specifically to all of the following ranges. Tute lessons are dynamically assigned any one of these IP addresses)
- 126.96.36.199/24 (188.8.131.52 – 184.108.40.206)
- 220.127.116.11/26 (18.104.22.168 - 22.214.171.124)
- 126.96.36.199/25 (188.8.131.52 – 184.108.40.206)
- 220.127.116.11/24 (18.104.22.168 - 22.214.171.124)
- 126.96.36.199/25 (188.8.131.52 - 184.108.40.206)
- 220.127.116.11/25 (18.104.22.168 - 22.214.171.124)
- 126.96.36.199/27 (188.8.131.52 - 184.108.40.206)
HTTP/HTTPS access to:
- *.tute.com - Make sure to include the wildcard. If using a proxy it should be white-listed, issues may occur with forms authenticated filtering
- *.office.com - Various subjects utilise Microsoft Office online features such as MS Sway and MS Forms
Testing with our Demo Room:
All testing must be done using one of your student network profiles rather than staff or admin to ensure students will have full access for their first live lesson.
We have a demo classroom running so you can test student connections and sound communication.
The demo classroom runs on one of our privately owned IP addresses from our stated ranges at the top of this article, so it provides a good opportunity to test student functionality before your students access live lessons.
Click the following link, enter your name and join the online classroom. https://testroom.tute.com/
Please note: Our demo room is publicly shared for use by multiple organisations and end users. Any publication or communication can be accessed by other members of the public.
You will be asked how you want to join the audio. Always use a microphone where available to fully test the UDP connections. You should be able to connect to the lesson audio without any hang ups or errors.