Our recommended browser, Google Chrome, is starting to wind down it's support for Adobe Flash, which the current version of Tute online classroom still uses.
You may have seen a message at the top of Chrome advising support for Flash will be dropped in December 2020, with a button to 'Turn Off' Flash. You can ignore this message. If you have clicked the button already, follow the steps below to turn Flash back on.
Our new HTML5 classroom is almost ready, which will replace the current Flash version.
In the meantime, you may find that Chrome has blocked Flash and it is preventing you from connecting to your classroom. When this happens, clicking the Adobe Flash icon in the top left corner of the screen does nothing.
Follow the steps below to fix this:
- At the far right hand side of the address bar is a little Jigsaw icon with a red 'X' - click it
- A box pops up advising Flash has been blocked - click 'Manage'
- The Flash Content settings are now displayed - locate the sentance 'Block sites from running Flash'
- Click the greyed out switch to turn it back on. It will now say 'Ask First'.
- You can now close the Settings tab and return to Tute. Re-join the lesson and you are now able to click on the Adobe Flash icon in the top left corner and select 'Allow